- Sept. 20, 2014 - T.S. Monk Sextet
- Oct. 18th, 2014 - Dafnis Prieto's Si o Si Quartet
- Nov. 1st, 2014 - Jeff Coffin Mu' tet
- Nov. 15th, 2014 - Emerging Artist Series: Sarah Elizabeth Charles Quartet and Integriti Reeves
- Dec. 5th, 2014 - Big Band Gala - VJC Big Band
- Jan. 17th, 2015 - Clarence Penn Quartet
- Feb. 14th, 2015 - Julian Lage Trio
- March 14th, 2015 - Bill Charlap Trio
- March 28th, 2015 - Emerging Artist Series: Melissa Aldana and Crash Trio
- April 18th, 2015 - Holophonor Septet feat. Miro Sprague
- May 16th, 2015 - Carmen Lundy
- June 6th, 2015 - Eugene Uman's Convergence Project
This summer the Vermont Jazz Center welcomes trumpeter, Ingrid Jensen
The VJC is proud and delighted that the following faculty members will be returning:
Clarence Penn, Claire Arenius (drums), Sheila Jordan and Jay Clayton (vocals), Freddie Bryant (guitar), Jeff Galindo (trombone), Scott Mullett (saxophone), bassists Cameron Brown, Marcus McLaurine, George Kaye and Dave Picchi, pianists Harvey Diamond, Ray Gallon, Eugene Uman and percussionist, Julian Gerstin.
Course Description: Vocal and Instrumental Music Tracks
Classes include 5 levels of Theory:
- fundamental music skills
- applied theory for vocalists
- applied harmony and chord scales
- advanced harmonic concepts
- advanced rhythm theory
- vocal, brass, saxophone, guitar, piano, bass, drums
Jam Sessions (including one tailored for singers)
Faculty and student concerts
Small class size, great facilities, lots of tuned acoustic pianos
Gorgeous, bucolic setting atop a Vermont hill farm.
Register now, limited numbers accepted.
"This annual camp is the richest and most rewarding musical experiences in my life. Whatever your goal, it can get a head-start to being fulfilled at this summer camp. We have world-class jazz musicians...They are relaxed, encouraging, and fun to be with/jam with til all hours...Plus you can't beat the setting, the amazing food, the camaraderie and support. This camp feeds my whole body and I will be back every year."
-- Ann Marie McIntire (piano student)
All classes begin the week of February 16th, except where noted*
Sign up now for the following options:Monday:
- Rock Choir with Tony Lechner from 7:00 - 9:00 PM (starts Monday, February 2nd)*
- Youth Jazz Ensemble† with Eugene Uman from 3:45 - 5:00 (starts Tuesday, February 10th)
- Women's Jazz Harmony with Anna Patton from 5:30 - 7:15
- Early Jazz Ensemble with Anna Patton from 7:30 - 9:15
- Latin Jazz Ensemble with Julian Gerstin and Eugene from 4:15 - 5:45
- Vermont Jazz Center Sextet with Rob Freeberg from 6:00 - 7:45
- Jam Session, open to the public from 8:00 - 10:00
- Ear Training for Everyone with Anna from 6:00 - 7:45
PRIVATE LESSONS available by request (email email@example.com)
All classes except the Youth Jazz Ensemble† and Tony's Rock Choir * are $250 for a 10 week semester
*Tony Lechner's classes are run through the Valley Rock Choir and are billed separately. They also have different start and end dates, contact Tony directly at http://valleychoirs.com/
†Youth Jazz Ensemble is a subsidized program costing $100 per semester.
The Vermont Jazz Center is an internationally recognized institution that provides jazz education, programming and outreach. Currently in its 40th year, it was founded in 1974 by the legendary guitarist, Attila Zoller and is now run by pianist, Eugene Uman.
The VJC features a summer jazz workshop, a monthly concert series, Wednesday night jam sessions, and frequent collaborations with area schools, arts organizations and businesses.
Mission: The Vermont Jazz Center is dedicated to creating and preserving jazz through the presentation of workshops, concerts, and instruction to a broad constituency of artists, students, and the general public.