42nd Annual Summer Jazz Workshop August 6 - 12, 2017
To Enroll:Please visit the tuition page for details about workshop costs and housing options.
- Choose Instrumental or Vocal track when you sign up.
- A deposit of 50% of total cost of the workshop is due with your registration.
- We will send you a confirmation letter within two weeks of receipt of your registration deposit.
- Final payment is due when you arrive for the workshop.
Refund PolicyThe deposit, minus $50 registration fee, is refundable until July 1st.
A Note to First Time ApplicantsIf you have NOT attended the VJC's Summer Jazz Workshop before, you will need to send in an audition recording. We want to be sure that the program is a good fit for all our participants. An opportunity to hear your work is an important part of making sure the program will be one of great benefit to you.
We would like to hear two tunes, one up-tempo and one ballad. (One fairly easy way to record an audition example is to have a "Play-along" CD accompanying you in the background). Special Note for Instrumentalists: We need to hear at least one selection that includes you improvising. For pianists, bassists and guitarists, we would also like to hear a chorus of comping.
How to Send Recordings:
- Digital Recordings via the Internet (the best way for us to receive recordings). Examples: MP3s, YouTube links, etc. Send to: Eugene Uman at: email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CDs are also welcome via the postal service. Send to: Vermont Jazz Center, 72 Cotton Mill Hill Brattleboro, VT 05301
Work StudyVJC offers a limited number of work-study opportunities. These are filled on a first come first serve basis. For more information and application, please contact VJC.
- To register online via our secure server, please visit our tuition page, and click on "register".
- To register via mail or fax, please contact VJC for application.